2017 Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference
The 2017 Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference is fast approaching! This year’s event will take place in Frankenmuth, Michigan, February 2-4, 2017.
If you would like to support the Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference check out the Sponsor opportunities.
Dairy Ambassador Program application open - deadline extended to Jan. 13, 2017.
Since 2003, the Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference (GLRDC) has been dedicated to helping dairy producers learn new ways of increasing their profitability by doing more with less. Thanks to support from generous industry supporters, the GLRDC has earned a reputation as a top educational conference. In 2016, more than 350 producers and dairy industry representatives attended this three-day event. This year, we’re building on that momentum by delivering another high-impact conference. With the current state of milk prices and ever-increasing consumer demands, dairy producers are facing a volatile environment. Attend this year’s Great Lakes Regional Dairy Conference to arm yourself with the knowledge, tools and strategies to help ensure your future in dairy.
Check-out sessions on:
- Understanding everything from global markets to your production costs and learning from the challenges others face to help your operation survive and thrive.
- Moving your herd into the new decade with hoof and udder health with new tools, techniques and management practices to improve reproduction, longevity and higher profits
- Faculty, veterinarians and producers sharing their expertise on how to excel in milk quality with evolving standards.
- What’s happening down under in dairy from an Australian producer
- Understanding Consumers and Building Trust and Today’s Food Supply Through Transparency
- Finding your competitive edge through feed, nutrition and milk component strategies
2017 Experts Include:
Thomas Bailey of RaboBank, Charlie Arnot, Dr. Mike Hutjens, Dr. Greg Bethard, Dr. Erskine, Dr. Pam Ruegg, Karl Burgi, and Dr. Adam Lock.
In addition to our quality line-up of educational speakers, we will once again be the home base for the tenth annual Dairy Industry Recognition Night where we will honor the industry’s leading producers, recognize dairy scholarship recipients and dairy judging team members, as well as announce the 2017 winners of the Michigan Dairy Ambassador Program.
This is your conference. Don’t miss it. You can register here.
Are you planning to bring a group of 5 or more to the GLRDC? We can offer discounted rates and help schedule tours to local dairy farms or processors. Call Megghan Honke Seidel at 517-884-7089 for more information.
“The planning committee has been committed to identifying speakers who will provide the latest and highest quality information on timely topics important to the region’s dairy producers, farm managers and dairy industry professionals. Our goal is to provide an engaging forum for all sectors of the dairy industry to come together in one place at one time to learn, share information and gather the latest resources to help increase their profitability while doing more with less.”
– Brian Troyer, GLRDC executive board member and dairy nutrition specialist